Friday, September 10, 2010

Good Pix


This morning, we got the first good cover options in from the publisher.  Once I saw them, and knew at once that somebody up there had actually taken the time to read the story and put some thought into it, I was stoked as hell.  All right, now we’re getting someplace.

The phrase used in the communication was more along the lines of: “Everyone on the team loves these two…” 

I was more impressed with the idea of a team working on ‘Tormenta’.  Hallelujah and other joyful noises shouted to the heavens from out of the top of my brain.  They are actually working on my baby!

You must understand, if you don’t already, but this wasn’t our first rodeo.  We got burned bad on the first go-round; rag-dolled by Bodacious, throwed by a bucking bronco and left lying in the dust, staring at the pile of crap that ended up with my name on it.  Oh yeah, I’ve been there before.  Fortunately, not too many copies of that first work exist, and I only occasionally have to face the embarrassment of having to sign one for somebody.  

I don’t know very much about the folks working on ‘Tormenta’, as of yet, but at least I know that meetings are being convened, and the words I wrote are the topic of serious discussion and planning…Hopefully planning that will pay off.

If this keeps up, I may just be able to feel some pride when it’s finished, and not cringe from the horrifying mistakes left within, or the parts that don’t seem to work as well when somebody else is paying for them. 

Hey, as far as I’m concerned, the work stands, this time.  It’s solid, sound; it has a very good beginning, an intriguing middle, and a resounding conclusion.  That’s all they tell you a good book needs.   Plus it’s marketable within its primary setting, and hopefully, has viral tendencies beyond our region.  Hello, world, take a look at this, will ya?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:

Images used on this site are a combination of search results and personal photography; we in no way intend to infringe upon any rights. As applicable, our 2011 (c) belongs to one or more of the following: S. Bond Herndon, Heather Hyde-Herndon, feathermaye. If you feel you have a claim to any image used on this site, please feel free to contact us at query@feathermayemultimedia.com

 
Powered by Blogger