Friday, December 10, 2010

Vape'n it!

Day twenty-three and going strong!  E-cigs work, at least they are for us so far…

Let me tell you all right now that I’ve not missed having a cigarette once in this whole episode.  That’s what you all want to know, isn’t it?  Will I go out of my mind with the want of a cigarette?  Will I get to that maddening point where we all usually say “To hell with it, I’m going to the store for smokes?”  It isn’t looking like I will.  Nope, no way.

The way our ‘SmokeStiks’ are working, I’ve not missed the portion of smoking that had me so addicted: The crap I do with my hands…  I hold it a few different ways, especially when I’m into some serious deep thinking, which is all the damn time if you ask Feathermaye—usually when she’s trying to talk to me about something she really needs me to listen to with more than just half an ear’s worth of attention.

However, when I take a puff of my E-cig (we just call it a Vape, and the action, instead of smoking is naturally called ‘Vaping’) I feel the sensation of taking in smoke, even though I am only taking in water vapor.  The vapor carries the nicotine.  That nicotine, which is what keeps us smoking in the first place, is delivered efficiently through this device.  You can inhale if you’d like, but you’ll soon find that you don’t really even need to do that; the vapor will deliver the nicotine through your mouth just as well.  I like to take it in mouth, and then exhale through the nose, personally, as if you really care at all.  However you use it, there is simply no argument that E-cigs really, really work!  It’s damn near uncanny.

A few pointers about E-cigs that I’ve noted:

  1. I find it best to use two rechargeable battery units (this is the part that looks like the barrel of a cigarette, it has the little light on the end that glows when you pull on it.)  That way you can have one in service, while the other is on the charge.  The last thing you want is for your vape to quit on you when you need it the most.

  1. The Smokestick product that we’re using comes with a charger that plugs into your standard ISB port on your computer.  This one has problems holding the battery and can stop charging when you aren’t looking.  They sell a pretty nice plug in version that works great and I highly recommend it.  Once I had this set up: 2 battery units and one plug in charger, I was good to go.

  1. The Fabulous Feathermaye uses her vape more delicately than I do.  She can use the same nicotine tip for a couple of days at a time and only has to recharge hers about once a day.  I double that, but then I was the one who smoked heavier; I took deeper drags and held it longer, while she usually puffs and goes.

Good luck with your E-cigs and we hope you all can Vape your way to being NON SMOKERS!

S

2 comments:

Unknown said...

12.15.10 ...still going strong. Pure vape, no smoke!

Unknown said...

Update, nicotine tips are down to one every day and a half! No smoke here! Feeling better as well.

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:

Images used on this site are a combination of search results and personal photography; we in no way intend to infringe upon any rights. As applicable, our 2011 (c) belongs to one or more of the following: S. Bond Herndon, Heather Hyde-Herndon, feathermaye. If you feel you have a claim to any image used on this site, please feel free to contact us at query@feathermayemultimedia.com

 
Powered by Blogger