Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Road Awaits!

I must apologize for being away from the Blog for so long.  Since Christmas, I hit something of a strange period that had me frozen in place for weeks.   All of the reasons for my absence are neither here nor there, but my apology stands: sorry I’ve been gone so long, folks.

UPDATE: Last I spoke of our plans you may recall I had hoped to have the next book ready to go about this time, at least the basics and set up.  Those plans have been pushed back since there are more individuals involved in the process, such as my publisher, who may or may not think MY plans are above many others.  So, I’ve bitten back those expectations and adapted.  Now, we move on…

This is Poor Richard’s Book Shoppe.  The response from all the home folks back in Carolina (Props to greater Gastonia—recognize and represent!) made me realize that even though I live in the market I have written about so far, the vast majority of pre orders came from all you fine folks back home.  Therefore, on Thursday, April 21st, between 4:30 and 6:00pm, I’ll be at this particular bookstore to sign your copy, or just say hey, again.  

As much as I hate to say it: This is my first book signing.  And, of course, it feels a little like trying to fly solo on a magic carpet with no instructions or experience.  At least, back home, with all you fine folks, I’ll know most of the faces coming forward. 
I suppose I’ve needed this first signing to get me kick-started, as silly as that sounds.  It goes back to why I started telling stories in the first place: to tell stories, not press the flesh with the reading public.  But, one goes with the other. 

We’re making the most of the trip this time out.  Hailie, our precocious, hyper-intelligent granddaughter is coming with us, along with Starbuck, the dog of wonder.  We’re taking our time, day by day as we head out and come back over the course of the week.  We’ll be stopping off in Mobile and Atlanta, where my Uncle Craig and his wife Sara will have a crowd waiting for us as well. 

This time through, I’m taking the kid and the Fabulous Feathermaye through the U of Ga.  It’s my hope that the girls will develop that extra umph when pulling for the dawgs.  I’ve found taking someone through that campus does that.  Walking until you come upon the vast confines of Stanford Stadium, where I used to go sit with my father, on the hill below the rail road tracks, way back before they closed that section in.  Yeah, I’ve got a lot to show them…

Hope to see you on the 21st! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:

Images used on this site are a combination of search results and personal photography; we in no way intend to infringe upon any rights. As applicable, our 2011 (c) belongs to one or more of the following: S. Bond Herndon, Heather Hyde-Herndon, feathermaye. If you feel you have a claim to any image used on this site, please feel free to contact us at query@feathermayemultimedia.com

 
Powered by Blogger