Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Going Gluten Free: Don't think you're going to miss out on the GOOD STUFF!

Over the course of the last year, Feathermaye and I have found a number of really great, ready-to-go, Gluten Free products that I simply have to share.  It's always good when you find something your really like that fits the bill.

Cookies and cake are one of these--one must have one's goodies!

Our local Walmart stores have started to carry the Immaculate Brand of Gluten Free, chocolate chunk

cookie dough.  This stuff is the BOMB.

Not once, out of dozens of times, have I offered one to someone else and not watched their face as they bit and chewed and made that cookie "Awe!  Man!" sound.  

"That's the best cookie I've ever had!" They say...no kidding, y'all.  To a person, they all moan and mutter those words, and that's before I tell them: "And it's gluten free."

Every now and then I get a few what's that mean?s as they finish chewing.  But those in the know looked shocked, stare at the rest of the cookie in their hands (if they haven't already crammed the whole thing in their gobs) and exclaim, something along the lines of: "You gotta be kidding!"

And NO, the fine folks at Immaculate are NOT paying me for this.  At least not yet, anyhow.  

I'm just happy to pass it along to the rest of my Gluten sensitive readers out there.  Otherwise, how would we ever know?



Gluten irritates joints and can cause all manner
of digestion issues.  Most of us try to ignore it.
But eventually, it becomes too much to ignore.
Glutens are no longer something that many of us can tolerate.  We've grown up eating fine breads and pastries and pasta and...well, what we called wheat, back in the day, no longer exists in that state.  It's been genetically altered into something else, and I, at least, found it was killing me.  

Giving up the good stuff, was a very gloomy prospect for Yours Truly.  I was loathe to spend the rest of my days eating food that I was equating with a sheet of notebook paper.  I wanted taste!  Texture!  I wanted my food to be real!

Immaculate has put it together with this selection.  These cookies are big, they're soft batch-type, and you will get such a taste sensation that your brain will take a moment or two to get a grip on those taste buds.  

(Gulp)  I had to swallow again just telling you this.  These things make my mouth water.

Look for them at your local store.  Ask your store manager to start carrying them if they don't already. Go someplace else if they don't follow up.  It's worth it!

Happy taste buds, my fellow GFers!

Coming up next:  Feathermaye's awesome pudding cake conversion recipe that will send you over the edge.   As Scarlet O'Hara is my witness, it will leave you saying "This Gluten Free stuff is GOOD!"

You know...you all look like you could stand a good cookie.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:

Images used on this site are a combination of search results and personal photography; we in no way intend to infringe upon any rights. As applicable, our 2011 (c) belongs to one or more of the following: S. Bond Herndon, Heather Hyde-Herndon, feathermaye. If you feel you have a claim to any image used on this site, please feel free to contact us at query@feathermayemultimedia.com

 
Powered by Blogger