Wednesday, November 13, 2013

ART BLOG: With better hands, the brushes are calling once again...

My last commission did me in...For a while, that

Lazy Dayz Lane inspired me to pick up
the brushes and paint it...you could say
it got me started again...
is.  Like writing, painting is equally compelling for Yours Truly. Many of you dear readers have followed along and know that I was a painting fool while up on THE MOUNTAIN in Canton, Texas.

I'll be painting from here...
Since our lives have come back to normal again: the day job, the residence/studio surrounding us, not to mention the simple fact that what might happen tomorrow is a little more predictable, ART is calling
My Impression of Lazy Dayz...
Almost all of it was lost in the fire
me back.  


This blog is up and running at full steam once more--thank you all for following--and we are back in
planning stages for publication of more NOVELS, and with my PMA back under control--little or no hand/shoulder pain to slow me down--I feel the need to gesso up a few dozen canvasses and start getting all the fantastic landscape impressions out of my head.
Impression composed of many Mountain Elements


Of course, as always, I'll once again be accepting commissions as well; more than a few of you have asked for an impressionist interpretation of a photograph you've been holding onto, thinking: this would make a great painting!

We starving artists stay alive by working on just this sort of work.  So, if you have a spot of earth you feel like you would want--or better yet, need--to have captured on canvas, I'm back in business and at the ready to talk with you about YOUR PAINTING.

It took many years to develop the particular style that I use.  Working with it up on THE MOUNTAIN in Canton, having folks stand around behind me as I painted, allowed me the rare chance of instant feedback on what I was doing with brush, pallet knife and paint.  That feedback was just the thing I needed to take my
Mountain Boardwalk
from behind Mardi Gras
work to the next level: Work that people would BUY!  
It didn't hurt that on many occasions, art sellers, reps, show agents etc. came by to watch as well as to invite us to one show or another.

If you want to own an S. Bond Herndon original work, just make contact with Yours Truly, or with The Fabulous Feathermaye 
on our facebook links, where you can pretty much always find us.  We'll discuss the sort of piece you want, price it according to materials and the time it takes to finish the work.

The value of these sorts of paintings I can only
Pen & Ink Mountain Tree Buildings
leave to those who've made a life out of setting such estimations.  


However, rest assured that the finished piece will be something that I'm happy, and proud to have put so much time
This is a series of sketches that depict
market on The Mountain...
and, yes, pain into.  


...and the flare and flavor of the
unique market venue
Such is ART...

Just so you know...
All of my new work will be accompanied by a step-by-step video that will document the methods I use, as well as materials.  Much of the work I'm about to undertake will be MOUNTAIN settings that I sketched on THE MOUNTAIN, Canton, Texas...Since my PMA interrupted the last several pieces I had intentions of doing.

Your commissioned work will likewise be accompanied by video documentation, parts of which we will post for you as it is underway.

We hope to hear from you soon and look forward to discussing the work you want; and, hope to see you up on The Mountain next market!

Just to the right of this post you'll see the donation block where you can donate to help those afflicted by the fire that devastated the buildings and shops along LAZY DAYZ LANE.  Please give, even just a little to help out those owners as well as the first responders that helped save the rest of THE MOUNTAIN!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:

Images used on this site are a combination of search results and personal photography; we in no way intend to infringe upon any rights. As applicable, our 2011 (c) belongs to one or more of the following: S. Bond Herndon, Heather Hyde-Herndon, feathermaye. If you feel you have a claim to any image used on this site, please feel free to contact us at query@feathermayemultimedia.com

 
Powered by Blogger