Wednesday, December 7, 2011

ON THE MOUNTAIN: Art's Cool debuts and I try my hand...


I've always wanted to sit outside, on some crowded sidewalk, painting as people come and go around me.  This past Market Days weekend I did just that.

S Bond outside of Art's Cool

For weeks, I had been looking down the street that extends to the left of our porch (Here at the Little Red School House).  There is a door down there, the only thing along the view that is truly Perpendicular to the street. The other doors and windows are all facing the street, and thus nearly hidden from view.  


Just how to paint that special doorway has been on my mind a lot over the weeks leading up to Market.  I took pictures to study, in various lights, and then put together a simple paint kit, something akin to Bob Ross meets Jerry Yarnell and they fight to the death, sort of deal... Anyhow, I had paint, brushes, and a good idea, I hoped.


I figured, quite obviously, that to become successful with ART here on The Mountain, I need to get plenty of material on display.  The Art Buying public can be a fickle lot; one never knows when or where they will be moved to purchase.  I can only count on the fact that THE MOUNTAIN calls people up here in some special way, and that what I'm capturing, hopefully, calls them to take it home with them, a part of The Mountain to call their own.
.
We had a few pieces ready as Market came:









Plus some of the awesomeness that can only be Feathermaye:






as we opened the new studio/shop: Art's Cool...




Sign made entirely of random debris we found laying around on the hill



So, after two afternoons, I had this finished:


Porches on Lazy Days Lane
by S. Bond Herndon






It's clear that we've got a ways to go yet. We need walls full of Mountain, and that's what we'll spend this next month working on...


Once again we thank you for following this blog.  You can always find us on facebook as you stumbleupon looking for stuff to digg.  Please be sweet and give this one a TWEET! 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, I absolutely LOVE the picture of the Mountain street!! You should give lessons :)

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:

Images used on this site are a combination of search results and personal photography; we in no way intend to infringe upon any rights. As applicable, our 2011 (c) belongs to one or more of the following: S. Bond Herndon, Heather Hyde-Herndon, feathermaye. If you feel you have a claim to any image used on this site, please feel free to contact us at query@feathermayemultimedia.com

 
Powered by Blogger